Re: [RC] Easyboot Glue-On Cuff, A Glue-On shell that can be removed or applied at anytime - Lori Bertolucci

Garrett, I was wondering what the long term affects are of having the cuff installed on the hoof wall. Is the hoof wall still able to breath through the cuff as it does naturally? And How many years has this concept of perpetually gluing something that large onto the hoof wall been tested?

Lori

--- On Sun, 6/14/09, Garrett.Ford <GFord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Garrett.Ford <GFord@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Easyboot Glue-On Cuff, A Glue-On shell that can be removed or applied at anytime
To: "ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 2:39 PM

I just got back from Europe and was amazed at the growing number of barefoot/booted horses.  Good stuff.  A bit tired from the travel but wanted to give the lists an update on the Easyboot Glue-On Cuff.  It’s getting close.

The Easyboot Glue-On Cuff continues to move forward and we have made some mold and hardware modifications that will make application and removal very simple.  For those of you that are not familiar with the Easyboot Glue-On Cuff, the "Cuff System" gives horse owners the ability to use Glue-On shells but gives them the ability to remove and apply them at any time.  The unique Cuff System allows the horse to be barefoot at all times and the Easyboot Glue-On shell can be slipped on the hoof for riding.  Slip the shells on before riding and then remove them and let the horse be barefoot when the ride is done.  Application and removal of the shell when using the Cuff System is done is less than one minute per boot.

The Cuff System will be a huge step forward for all the people who have reservations about leaving a glue-on boot in place for extended periods of time.  The low profile shell fits below the hairline and the system weighs almost half the weight of a standard iron shoe.

Check out more by clicking here or http://easycareinc. typepad.com/ from_the_ horses_mouth/ 2009/06/easyboot -glueon-cuff- update.html

Should have some horses at the Tevis in the “Cuff System”.

Garrett Ford

EasyCare Inc.

2300 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop

Tucson , AZ 85755