[RC] Biting horse - heidi larson

when I did the 3-day Clinton Anderson Clinic, he talked about a horse that bit
when being girthed.  He watched her out of the corner of his eye and when she
started towards him with her mouth, his elbow just "accidentally" jumped up and
hit her in the mouth!  He continued on with what he was doing and pretended
nothing had happened. He had to do this a couple of times and she quit.  I have
an older gelding that was bitey and I did something similar - I was riding with
my son who was about 4 or 5 and he was on in front of me, he was tired of
riding and wanted to get down and walk and my horse casually leaned forward to
bite my son on the head and before I even thought I punched him in the bottom
of his jaw.  He walked along a few more steps, leaned forward like he was
thinking about it again and then changed his mind.  I don't think he really
knew what hit him!
.      o o          o o
.    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
.       o  o    o-- /