[RC] State Parks (OT) - Shelly Williams

OK, I was going to keep my mouth shut but I just can't. Unless I missed something in the article about the Canadian woman that had to come to the US to have a brain tumor diagnosed and removed, how did she pay for that? I would assume a Canadian would not have health insurance coverage, so did she pay out of her own pocket? Not that I am in any way downplaying the issue she and others have had with socialized medicine, but uninsured people in the US would either have had to pay for the surgery, or hope they could find some type of program to pay for it. I have been uninsured off and on for years. Now I have a better job and health insurance, but for a time I was too rich for Medicaid and too poor to afford to buy private insurance - it was way more than my mortgage.