Re: [RC] Bareback pads - April

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Some ones I hadn't thought (or known) of:

Little Joe Bareback Saddle ($230): http://www.better-horsetack.com/lj/index.cfm?page=bbsdl Looks interesting, but I didn't like the look straps over the top of the pad. The same complaint I have about the $30 pad I have in my tack room. Maybe it wouldn't bother most people, but I want to ride in shorts and I'm delicate. ;-D

Natural Ride ($150): http://www.naturalride.com/naturalride.html I like that this has a bit of stabilization, but it didn't really appeal to me.

Skito bareback pad ($250): http://www.skito.net/prod04.htm Really like this one. Uses the same foam pads their other pads use, hopefully creating a spine channel. Uses an English/dressage girth and has crupper/breast collar rings. Can get a high profile version. Pads can be removed for a closer feel.

There were some others I looked at briefly, but kept coming back to the Skito. I'm in the process of getting one from Naomi Preston of www.TTeamforendurance.com.

Thanks for all the replies and tips. The Skito is quite a bit more expensive than I was thinking of spending, but it should last for years and I hope to get some good use out of it.

April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com