Fwd: [RC] OHV trust fund in CA - Cindy Collins

Yes, Truman, I agree. It comes along with that "we're better than everyone else" attitude that some horse folks have. The problem with that is alienating those other user groups that some day we may need. Sadly, we'd mostly deserve it if they told us to **** off. They could rightly ask where were we when they were losing all their access. They could also ask how much money we've put aside for our trails and use. No one is going to ask to borrow $90 million dollars from the AERC's trail fund. Of course, it's not all horse folks. We have a small group from various parts of the country that try hard to support multiple users of all stripes. I get just as angry, maybe more so, with obnoxious off road users. I know what they are doing to their own sport's future. However, many hikers and rabid environmentalists think horses are just as bad as OHV users. One needs to be very careful when throwing stones. The next one will shut down "the Adelaide trail" in the BigHorns or maybe some trail you love somewhere. Anyhow, thanks, Truman, for getting my point. Here I am getting all political when I just told everyone else to shut up about politics :) Cindy