Re: [RC] Concentrations specified (was: Thoughts on Science) - Truman Prevatt

Title: “I maintain there is much more wonder in science than in pseudoscience
There are a lot of issues that need to be address not only in our drug rule but also in the way we enforce rules. We really depend on a "stool pigeon."  For our younger members see http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stool_pigeon about a stool pigeon. If our rules are important we should have a system in place to enforce them without depending on stool pigeons. Personally if the AERC doesn't care enough about its rules why should I go out on a limb to piss off my comrades and risk my hard earned money to file a protest against another member. Sorry - that is not in my DNA.

All that notwithstanding - currently the way the drug rule is written and that written rule has been voted as a rule by the AERC BOD and the way the AERC enforces its rules based on protest anyone feeding normal horse rations could be protested against and given the content of the feeds would have to be found in violations of the drug rule based on the zero tolerance of certain substances.

The rule is flawed. Flawed rules can be used to harass. Does it matter - it sure would if it were targeted at you.

Truman

Elizabeth Walker wrote:
Yep.  As Truman said in his earlier post -- it doesn't have to "test" at all.  All it takes is someone reporting and/or filing a protest.  This can lead to the nasty situation of "gee - don't piss anyone off, or they will file a protest 'cause you feed your horse (xxxx)".  Put anything you like in there - MSM, oats, barley, or whatever the next thing is.  (There are nastier possibilities, but I really don't want to go there...)

That is why things like this need to be clarified, and the appendices modified on a periodic basis (quarterly?).

Anybody know what the current review cycle for the drug rule is?