[RC] Feed - Laurie Hilyard

One of the things I find really interesting in that study is that we would be totally unable to replicate it now.  Horses in constant real world use (as opposed to treadmill studies) under identical management conditions – good luck finding a large enough sample with which to make any usable conclusions now.  Even with the modern treadmill, the recent studies I’ve seen involve such tiny sample sizes that extrapolating the study to the real world requires some pretty hefty qualifiers.

Of course, I’ll also follow the advice of the Kansas study and continue to feed my horses oats and cracked corn, as horses have been fed for centuries, and assume the ½ pound of each they get daily won’t be construed as using drugs to enhance performance.

Laurie Hilyard

Clare, MI