Re: [RC] work (and conditioning) schedules - Sharon Levasseur

I work for Campus Recreation at our state university, and my boss is an Ironman. I have a 5-day work week, and am supposed to work 8:30-4:30 but it's flexible. If it's a nice day, the boss and I might BOTH leave a little early to put in some training miles. ;-) I find, though, that in the summertime I can get ~6 miles in even with a 4:30 quitting time and a 1 hour commute. On the weekends I can get in a longer ride.

As Kat suggested, I also sometimes ride after dark, but unless I want to haul to a local trail system that leaves me with a pretty short dead-end dirt road (not quite a mile long) that I would have to go back and forth on a whole bunch of times. I have a woods trail too but it's not ok for night riding. I stay right the heck off the roads that are open to cars, at night... too many crazy yahoos around here.

-Sharon L. in Maine

Quoting Michelle Aquilino <michelle.antoinette@xxxxxxxxx>:

I am wanting to bring up the idea of switching to a 4-day work week to my
boss.  Between all of my hobbies and time requirements, I feel like it would
be a huge help.  In particular, with endurance, I don't see how people get
in 2 rides a week, let alone MORE than 2 rides a week.  I was curious what
everyone's work schedule is, and how they manage to get in more rides a
week?  The more I know about how other people deal with this "problem", the
more prepared I figure I will be in addressing any responses/questions from
my boss.  I don't feel like this is off-topic, but feel free to yell at me
=)  hehe.  Any different situation people have outside the "standard" 5-day
work week, I'd be curious to hear, or any way that people find a solution
around the "standard" 5-day work week.  Thanks!  =)  -Michelle

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"