Re: [RC] work (and conditioning) schedules - Opal Perry

I have worked both schedules, 5 eight hour days and four 10 hour days.  There are a couple of advantages to each.. on a 5 day schedule, I have extra time through the day for a shorter ride, as in, I can do 2 short rides through the week (even if they are only 9 or 10 miles long) and then do a longer one on the weekends (usually 25 miles).  However, we don't ride fast on rides, just finish (but we do a lot of CTR).  I am planning on doing some faster rides on him, just with vacation time and family etc I haven't gotten him out to many 50's.

With the 10 hour days I have an entire extra day to do a longer ride, but since the rest of the week is "shorter" through the days I am still struggling to have laundry done, errands ran etc.  So on the days I work I don't normally get any shorter rides done, because I am constantly "catching up" for what I miss the rest of the time.

So basically.. it didn't make much difference to me.  One problem I have though is my hour commute time, so that cuts out 2 hours of my day just being in the car.  If you have less of a distance to travel it might give you more freedom to ride more.

Good luck finding the perfect balance, I think that's the struggle most people have.

Opal Perry