[RC] Conditioning - Vchorsegal

Good Job Cindy- I think a lot of it has to do with training/conditioning with the vibe of " Don't use yourself up!' If you just cruise along they can go a long way. I only did about 14 rides in 3 months, counting his first time ever on trail with Windy.  These rides were mostly 5 to 8 miles in hills, walking.  I added maybe 3 longer ones of 12 to 17 miles and then did a slow 50. Windy looked at me at the finish and said, "That was fun, now what do you want to do ?" ( I swear he did ! )  We also make a big deal out of snack breaks at water stops.  Eventually they develop a taste for Peanur Butter & Jelly sandwiches, dried mangoes, etc if we eat them. Of course we bring carrots & horse treats as well.  Happy Trails !  - Heidi Helly