[RC] corn oil reference in article - Sheila_Larsen

Ok I only preused the article but the statement about the omega 6:3 ration
was in relation to the statement   of a horse being on a "corn diet". I
don't know what his definition of a "corn diet" is. I also don't know what
their definition of "high amounts of corn oil" is.  I know that many horses
are fed several pounds of corn daily and do very very well (they were
actively used lesson horses not endurance horses).  They looked good,
didn't have high high energy and never coliced.  With that said many
endurance riders feed a cup of corn oil a day with no adverse effects.

I think the article was a little vague and didn't add much to my store of
knowledge.  If you are feeding a cup of corn oil a day and your horse seems
fine, I wouldn't change anything on the basis of this article alone.

Of course this is coming from a person who looked at her horses last summer
and thought - Man my horses have shine coats they look great.  Then I
thought mmm I think that is the Wipe flyspray I am admiring........ I think
I laughed out loud in the barn.  geez louise no brains no headaches...

“Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it.”  Mark Twain

F'^qƬzqwnx׭i0ݺq޴ߢ*'>bs
Zgi0ݺq޷bun+R{.n+
0zwnzwyƦhڲbuuy&