Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.6660 5 day week - Chipnml

I would love to work a 5 day week, and have two whole days to myself.  Unfortunately, I have a pet care/barnsitting business, and many of my clients are gone over the weekend, so I generally work 7 days a week.  Since it's usually a split shift, I have time to cram a ride in between morning and afternoon chores (sometimes I have 4 or 5 barns I do twice a day).  So, while I can get the rides in, my energy level is pretty zapped.  Of course, the thing that gets deleted from the to-do list if I'm too tired is housecleaning!

I find it interesting as to what people consider "short" and "long" distances.  To me, a short ride is 5 - 7 miles.  A medium ride is 10 - 12 miles, and a long ride is 15 miles and up.  I condition for 50's, and am one of the slower riders, mainly because that's just how Dezi likes to go.  I had thought to pick up my speed after a couple years of slow 50's, but have found that's just not to Dezi's liking.  When I'm competing, I usually only ride once or twice a week, so the more I compete, the less I have to find time to ride in between.

Chip