[RC] re: working around the 5-day work week - Michelle Aquilino

I don't have access to "trails" that are open at night.? Most of the places I go to are state parks or wildlife management areas.? I suppose I could ride on roads, but I'm not sure how safe I'd feel it was.? I don't tend to enjoy cramming a ride in at the end of a long day at work (I don't feel like that makes me a bad horse lover, lol).

re - Heidi - I wish I had access to hilly trails!? ha ha.? I suppose I just have a real hard time getting things in during the week, as there really isn't anywhere to go from the barn I'm at.? I like your advice about the long slow rides though.? Your analysis of how that affects how they take care of themselves makes a lot of sense.? It's hard to find challenging terrain around here though (Richmond, VA, and close enough for a day trip), and most of the places within driving distance of me only have about 10-13 miles of trails.? I'm trying though.? I am in the same boat as you though, and really prefer just a couple times a week, longer rides, than riding all throughout the week.? Which is why my "solution" (hopefully) is to work four days, ride two days, and have a day for other activities, relaxing, or errands, etc.

Thanks for everyone's feedback though.? I'm just trying to get a feel for how everyone else solves the problem, and it's been very helpful so far...

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"