Re: [RC] Ricebran, fruits, and testing... - Stefanie Prasch

My information at the moment is: you can't test for gamma-oryzanol itself.

But the reason gamma-oryzanol is banned is that its supposed to build up
testosterone. So the usual rice-bran diet probably shouldn't lead to
positive drug testing atm.
So far the practical side, but still makes you do something "illegal" when
you feed food containing gamma-oryzanol.

We had a case of a successful rider who gave his horse some muscle
building supplement food, declared doping-free by the feeding-company.
This stuff had extra gamma-oryzanol in it and caused a slightly too high
testosterone-level with his gelding.
The rider was banned for half a year + had to pay quite some money.

Since that happened, you are considered a bad person on some boards, even
if you only feed some usual supplement that has like a quarter of a rice
grain in it.

Happy feeding ;-)
Stefanie