[RC] Ricebran, fruits, and testing... - Natalie Herman

First off, WHOO HOO Jill! As a fellow "bottom 10" XP rider, I agree..who CARES???Not us for sure.
Now, I do have to say, I HAVE been tested at rides over the last 5 yrs...always at a vetcheck as a "random" test cause I was unlucky and whistled when I peed (boy you should see them testers fly when they hear a whistle :P) . Anyway, I always feed ricebran, even at rides (never had an issue with it causing my horse a problem from "too much fat" or heat buildup or not eating as much, or whatever it is you're supposed to withdraw it for at a ride...but again, I ride slow, so maybe that is why...) I have a hard keeper, so he gets RB ALL the time in good amounts too... Anyway, I have NEVER tested positive, so I don't think there is enough of whatever is "bad" in RB to test...I also feed carrots and apples and often times oats at rides too..same thing...never tested for anything. SOOOO...I think we really shouldn't get so wound up about feed...(not sure about yucca though...maybe it does test...never had any of it in the horse or feed)...sure, it has plant hormones, but not above the "allowable threshold" so why worry.....
   Natalie (who only complained about doing the silly paperwork, but could care less if she gets tested)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming.... 'Wow! What a ride!' "

Hotmail® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.