Re: [RC] Fast-Evolving Rabies Virus Found - Amber Roberts

However, since Rabies is such a deadly disease that can be prevented,
I will vaccinate because my horses are exposed to wildlife while
living in their pastures.  I am a little bit less concerned for some
reason to vaccinate against the other communicable diseases.   I am
not vaccinating for Rabies this year, because I did last year and my
gut feeling is that they will have enough immunity from being
vaccinated last year.

A healthy immune system will go a long way to preventing most diseases
however being bit by a rabid animal is most likely deadly without
vaccination.>

K.

This puzzles me. You say rabies could be deadly without vaccinations but
then you say you aren't vaccinating against it this year. I vacillated
about shots this year myself because I have read that immunity builds up
and, since there are risks with every shot, I decided to only vaccinate my
horse against rabies because we live in the country and do see lots of
skunks, etc. out here. I still have concerns about not giving the EWFT
shots this year. Only one of my boarder's horses had the EWFT this year. Any opinons?

Amber