Re: [RC] solution to horses dumping water - Rae Callaway

I don't think these guys are putting their feet in the troughs.  I use the 100 gallon rubbermaid troughs. These suckers are big and with the automatic bobble, they're always full.  The horses seem to be just dunking their heads in the water and flipping the water out, not flipping the tank over.

Rae

From: Donna DeYoung <skyhorseranch@xxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:24:55 PM
Subject: [RC] solution to horses dumping water

don't know how large your troughs are, but 50 to 75 gallon tanks can be set up on cinder blocks (about 1 foot high). This raises the trough and the horses are less likely to have as much fun putting their legs and feet in it. Worked for a large draft horse I had who could destroy anything. and allowed the gold fish to survive.
Donna