[RC] You are invited to a convention celebrating the desert Arabianhorse! - Cindy Stafford

Hello Ridecampers!  This may be a bit OT, but since there are many arabian horse people on ridecamp, I thought this might be of interest to quite a few...

The Blue Arabian Horse Catalog organization (BAHC) is having a convention celebrating the Desert Arabian Horse, descended from the Bedouin Tribes of the ARabian Peninsula, and all arabian horse people are invited!

If you've heard about these horses with the 'old' bloodlines, here's an opportunity to learn more and see them in action.  The convention this year is being held in Freeburg Illinois (at Desert Bred Arabian Stud), for whom I am the Chief of All Things E-mail, lol.  Attendees can learn how these horses are descended from the Bedouin Tribes of the Arabian Peninsula and how they came to be in this country and see demonstrations exhibiting these horses in different disciplines.

We're excited to have some amazing speakers for the convention.  Joe Ferriss will be there and conveying his knowledge on these desert horses.  He has written many articles on the subject.  We are also pleased to welcome Dr. Gus Cothran from Texas A&M where he is a Clinical Professor in the Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences which is in the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Science.   Dr. Cothran will speak on his recent DNA research as it relates to the BAHC horses.

In addition to the speakers, guests will be entertained by horse demonstrations, a catered lunch and evening appetizers.  Plus a horse will be raffled off to a lucky visitor!  Many of these horses you may have come across on the endurance trail, so this would be a chance to meet some more of their relatives and see them do things besides endurance.  We have horses visiting from other farms besides Desert Bred Arabians so it will be nice mix.

The convention is scheduled for the weekend of June 13th and begins at 9:30 am (for non-BAHC members).  If you would like more information or would like to join us, you can e-mail me back at this address or zoeybird09@xxxxxxxxx or call Sarah Sanders at (618) 977-2625.  Cost is low and is just to cover the cost of food.  An RSVP by May 24th is requested so we know how much yummy food to order!

Desert Bred Arabians is located in Freeburg, Illinois, approximately 20 minutes from St. Louis with easy interstate access.  We hope to see you there!

Cindy Stafford

www.desertbredarabians.com

www.theridingcenterinc.com

www.desertbredarabians.blogspot.com