Re: [RC] Alfalfa-free diet for endurance mule - Marirose Six

Howdy Jill,
I generally avoid alfalfa for all of my equine. For my endurance mules I have fed Legacy as needed (not much) Currently, I feed FrontRunner Performance (Legacy is not readily available since I moved). I have fed beet pulp also. Your mule shouldn't have any trouble going without alfalfa once he'she adjusts to his/her new diet.
As for feeding grass hay & some grain: I feed as much hay/grass as they want & only a 1/2 a cup of grain (or less). On days that I ride I feed a whole cup of grain. During an endurance ride I feed?1-2 cups am & pm & at each vet check (I will usually start upping the amount during the week before the ride).