[RC] fly masks - rnbianchi

Here in Maryland we use fly masks 24/7 from May till whenever the first few really hard frosts happen in fall.? One thing we have no shortage of is eye and ear bugs!? I suggest, as others have, that someone check the horses eyes each day ( if they hold still you can see through most masks) because eye infections?require immediate vet calls.? The other thing to remember is to make sure the long hairs around the eyes are trimmed short or the mask makes them curl, sometimes directly into the eye balls.? Also, my horses seem to be really good at escaping the masks to different degrees - one ear out, both ears out with mask hanging in front of nose, completely off, you get the picture.? I?will admit I have left my horses for a weekend (while off at a ride)?with masks on and just my young, horse crazy neighbor girl to keep?a watch?on things (her bedroom window faces my front pasture).? It has worked out fine but it isn't?an ideal solution.? Best of luck!?