[RC] fly masks/night - Kathie Ford

I've left them on by accident at night...but w/no issues. In fact the nats are so bad dusk and early am that it actually helps them be more comfortable I think.

I put on on myself to see if I could see okay (have a visual on this? lol!!) and walked around in the dark. I know horses can see better then me anyway. I could see "okay" so figured it was okay for them.

If I do take them off I wait till just after dark and back early. Also put swat in their ears and under their jaws a bit, and belly buttons underneath where the flies like to bit.

I once had one of my little mares for sale on "trial". They did not use a fly mask and my mare came back 10 days (long story..noting to do w/my mare just not right situation). This year no weepy eyes. They all come over first thing in am and stand in line for their fly masks then go about their business.

well, happy riding all,
kathie

Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.