RE: [RC] re: rope reins / gloves - Rae Callaway

There’s biothane reins with or without the rubber grips.  They don’t give rope burns.  The Beta reins, in my opinion, don’t slip through my hands when wet, either.  Neither are round like the rope reins, but I find they work just fine.

Rae

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michelle Aquilino
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:28 AM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] re: rope reins / gloves

In response to everyone who said gloves, yes, I realize that you can wear gloves and they will protect you from rope burn =P  lol.  but...  I was just hoping to see if there were any alternative solution, as I prefer not wearing gloves, that's all.  I will, if I have to (I even wore my cotton non-riding gloves at Foxcatcher, since my fingers were still hurting (and that's all I have at the moment); it was hot, but my fingers weren't bothered at the ride, so it was worth it).  I've heard that the rubber covered reins are better.  If that's true, then they should make round rubber reins =P  lol.  That's kind of the idea I was going towards, lol.  I suppose if I get flat reins, I'll get used to them, just as I did the round reins...

--
"Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die"