Re: [RC] - Elizabeth Walker

Just a couple of comments -  first, mouth injuries can be hard to spot after they stop bleeding and the blood is gone, so hopefully your vet will use a mouth speculum, and do a full check -- otherwise, it might be easy to miss something along the cheek, etc.

Second - the comment may have been incorrect - one thing you could have done (depending on the logistics) was lead the horse in by his halter if he really did have a serious cut.  I'm assuming you were riding with a halter, so leading him in (or to some spot to be picked up) might have been an option.

Regardless - I don't think concern for the well being of your horse is ever misplaced.