Re: [RC] 2 questions: Heart Monitor and Hi-Tie Contraptions - Elizabeth Walker

I've had trouble with too much pressure/heat for the lead under the saddle.  I use an alternate placement - I put it farther back just under the edge of the saddle, behind where the stirrups attach (English style saddle).  It seems to stay in place, and I think that area has more leeway regarding pressure than the area just behind the withers.

I started using the alternate placement after a ride on a very hot day with my old horse.  I had been using the "behind the wither" placement for quite some time.  However, this time, when I took the saddle off, he had a raised area just under the sensor pad (which exactly matched the pad).  Eventually he ended up with a square-shaped white patch there.