[RC] drafting and red ribbons - Jean Miller

I always figured drafting off of another rider was part of the game when doing endurance.  The one in front can always ask that the one behind take a turn at leading, or put the front horse into a fast gait that the one behind can't keep up with, or just pull off and let the others go on.  Drafting is a problem if the crew is letting the horse follow the vehicle, big no-no.
I have used red ribbons in the tail just to keep folks from tail gaiting.  I cannot believe how many ask what the red ribbon is for!  Jeanie