[RC] Horses who don't pee in the trailer - sherman

Title: Message
Yes, I do stop on long trips, which I've only done twice. Most of my trips are less than 2 hours so I don't stop then. I just rode my new horse today, Shaide, and he didn't pee for about 4 hours. He had plenty of opportunity to because we only walked and jogged, stopped often to observe, and then he was tied for about 3 min. before trailering home, jsut a 15 min. drive. He peed when we got home, then again 15 min later (just a squirt) when I put him with his buddies.

Kathy

For those of you whose horses never pee in the trailer... do you do anything at all to alleviate the horse's suffering on a long drive? Do you stop every "x number of hours" to unload the horse and give it the opportunity to pee?

Trying to get ideas for a non-pee'r.......... LOL

Thanks,
Sharon L. in Maine