[RC] shavings in trailer - Melinda Faubel

I use shavings in the trailer for 2 reasons:
?
1.? My horses pee in the trailer and the floor is fairly slippery.
?
2.? I CANNOT get the mats back into the trailer by myself once I get them out.....Ideally I would take the mats out and clean after each trip.? In reality, the mats only get taken out every 6 months or so when I can get someone to help me.? So, I feel better if I have something to absorb some of the urine and "manure juices" so my floor stays drier and cleaner.? Is it ideal?? No, but it's the only thing I can make work right now.?
?
Which brings me to another subject :)? How long do wood floors typically last?? I haul almost every weekend for 1 1/2 hours- 3 hour trips each way.? The floor was new in the fall of 2007.
?
Melinda

--
Check out my blog - Boots and Saddles!