Re: [RC] Enough is enough - marybenstover

Everytime an AERC ride is also sanctioned as an FEI ride, riders that have no intentions of doing FEI rides are treated like second class citizens, especially those doing LD

That is simply not true.  Maybe you should come to some of other rides which are dual sanctioned and everyone gets along just fine.  I realize that since we are in California that is not possible but we don't have the problems you seem to think are prevelant as you said "everytime" a ride is dual sanctioned.  As a matter of fact I did the timing for all three days of the Desert Gold ride and if it was not for the FEI workers, I would have been in a lot of trouble.  They ran the entire out check for three days and two of them sat at the finish line with me for all three days and did all the weighing in and finish line procedures for all the riders, WHICH INCLUDED DOING THE P/R'S FOR THE LD RIDERS.

At the present time for those entering FEI and can not complete under FEI Rules are allowed to drop down to AERC rules.  AERC doesnt have seperate rules for regularly sanctioned rides so why do we as members continue to let this happen.

I am not sure I understand what AERC members continue to let  happen?  If you are entered in the FEI/AERC ride and you meet the AERC requirements, you get an AERC completion.  What else would you suggest?

Sometimes the FEI rules are more restrictive and the rider cannot meet them but that does not mean they should not get the AERC completion they worked for and paid the entry fee for, just like everyone else.

mb