RE: [RC] FEI endurance task force - Leonard.Liesens

trotting lane ... no no ! it seems that a groop of experienced vet will ONLY judge the gaits. This is probably only feasible on championships. But I like the idea of always having the same group of vets checking the gaits when it is questionable

Her eis the pointer for the results of the questionnaire :

From: John Teeter [mailto:johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:21 PM
To: LIESENS Leonard (COMM)
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] FEI endurance task force

On Feb 29, 2008, at 12:57 AM, <Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

160km in 5 stages
not so bad. The recent one's we saw in the UAE were basically 35,35,25,25,25,15

Las Cruces was, on the other hand,

It sounds like 35,35,35,35,20 is basically what is being proposed.

no drastic changes
metabolic parameters revisited
This should be good. FEI is already much more attuned to vet parameters than, for example, AERC.

dedicated trotting lane for horses needing a re-trotting
This also is a good thing for large rides where flow is important.

very few answers from riders to the FEI questionnaire
Leo, do you have a pointer to the questionnaire?  Wait -- here it is:

that's what we can expect from the revolution
How sure are you of the breadth of what has been presented? Are you most certain that there are no other components to the proposals?

anyway, it is very sad that no riders were making part of the task force, only vets, officials and chefs d'equipe
It is too bad no riders were part of the task force. That perspective would have been most valuable. It sounds as if the questionnaire wasn't much used.

jt