RE: [RC] Convention Rooms - Ranelle Rubin

Kat, you obviously missed the point of the entire discussion.

The point is, convention is relatively inexpensive to attend as an event. Travel/hotels/meals are expensive. The actual event is not that bad compared to venues of this type. AERC does this by guaranteeing the hotel a certain number of sleeping rooms at a certain rate. I too, have a sister who lives in Reno. I also will not be going this year due to a previous conflicting commitment. How we all chose to spend our money is up to us. I to, have to budget my rides.

In my opinion, AERC has taken quite a bit of flack from this list lately. They do a decent job of providing a competitive arena for us to participate. Are they perfect..of course not. Who is? If they make a business decision based on what makes it possible for them to put on a convention, and you don't like it, voice it to them directly. In business, I always say, if you have a complaint and don't take it to someone who can do something about it, with a suggestion for change, you are merely a whiner!

Best to you,

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor