[RC] AERC Policies and Procedures - Jan and Bill Stevens

Yes, we are 're-inventing' the wheel again.? The lack of an updated policy and procedures manual for AERC has been one of my main beefs since I came onto the BOD.? Not a simple task to take on though I will admit.? While the BOD has been much better in not making motions that change our 'way of doing things' for the past few years - there are still pages and pages of 'old' and?considered?by some to be 'out-dated' motions that deal with 'how AERC conducts business' - from how to make a motion to how awards are figured.? My attempts to 're-invent' the wheel are slow - no doubt about that.? There is a lot of information to consider.? I can't (or won't) make judgement calls to 'throw stuff out' just because we haven't been 'using it'.

At this point we have new Committee Charters from most of the AERC Committees we currently have established.? The AERC Office is working on their 'job description'.? I'm currently working on a draft of the "AERC Board Member Job Description" (which I plan to present at the convention).? My plans for this spring are to clarify the awards AERC currently gives out - listing how they are determined etc. ?There will be other things added to this Policy and Procedure?Manual?for AERC, but at this time these are the items that are either completed, currently being worked on or are planned for in the upcoming months.

Jan Stevens