[RC] WEG 2010 / AERC / FEI - Richard Sacks

Ed, I agree with you that the goals of the two organizations are different. But I also feel they can be run concurrently at the same venue, as I wrote in an earlier post about my experience at the Desert Classic over this past New Years. I also feel that change can most effectively brought about from inside an organization than from without. I agree with you that most AERC members are at best indifferent to USEF / FEI affairs. But the perception of endurance will be affected by the WEG 2010. That is a fact, reality. Whether negative or positive, it will have an effect on AERC and its members. Either way, it is better to be proactive than reactive. AERC and its members need to have a contingency plan. As a corporation, non profit or not, AERC has a fiduciary and moral responsibility to do so. Any one can walk from any organization or choose not to be associated with that organization, at least in this country. However, if you intend to remain a part of an organization and have it continue to represent your goals, you must be proactive. If you feel that another organization is having a negative effect on you or your organization, you must act. There are two ways to approach this. I personally believe in a more positive approach. But either way AERC and its members have to act sooner rather than later.

Richard Sacks
rsacks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.equipedic.com