Re: [RC] WEG 2010 / AERC / FEI - Sisu West Ranch

"...If you think that the latter approach is going to change USEF, you might as well be sniffing glue. They only care about their members and who pays them their dues...."

I'm sorry, but I do not think that I ever said that I want to change the USEF or the FEI.

My point was, and still remains:  The USEF and the FEI have goals and approaches to goals that are not my goals or my way to achieve my goals.  As a result I do not want to support, or be associated with them in any way.  Similarly I feel that a vast majority of the members of the AERC feel at best indifferent to the USEF.  Last I heard only about 10% of the AERC members feel that AERC-I is worth $10/year of their money.

By the way, the list of organizations that I (and I would bet you) do not wish to be associated with far exceeds my list of supported organizations.  This includes many organizations that have very worthy goals, and others that need reform.  I acknowledge that I can not reform organizations to which I do not belong, but do not loose sleep over it, nor do I feel that this is sticking my head in the sand.

Some examples of organizations I will never join may perhaps clarify my point:  Four of the world's five major religions, and almost all of the sub-organizations in the fifth.  One of the major American political parties.  All but one of the organizations that promote conservation of the American wilderness.  The list could go on for many pages, and I have not even gotten to organizations whose tenants are abhorrent to me.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875