RE: [RC] Different Sports - Leonard.Liesens

Title: RE: Different Sports

Please allow me just a comment. Every time I hear US folk talking (badly :-)  ) about FEI rides, it comes after one event in the UAE. You can not compare races in the UAE with races in Europe!!!

All european rides have always been FEI rides (or Eldric before FEI took control of our sport). Nothing to compare with UAE races.
I agree that races in the UAE are sanctioned by the FEI with exactly the same regulations. So what makes the difference ? Different culture? Money?

Leonard (www.endurance-belgium.com)

different sports?

I keep hearing people talk about FEI Endurance and AERC/AERA/etc as
'different sports'. It seems on the surface to be true, but when I
ask myself... well how, exactly, are they different? as a SPORT -
which implies rules of the game... then what is the difference?

if we were to design 2 different sports - Endurance Riding and
Endurance Racing  - what would the rules of the game be? How would
they differ? and how would AERC change, or would it?

Steph