[RC] Presidents Cup for Juniors and Young Riders (and horses) - Jay Randle

Hi All

Upon finishing reading Steph's story I realise I was holding my breath!  Now, it takes quite a bit for me to do that...

As a mentor and coach to dozens of young riders, the mere possibility that something like this would happen just makes me feel physically ill.  As a provider of dozens of horses to international guests over the years, the thought that 'hosts' would allow this to happen is horrifying.  As the owner of dozens of horses who are very dear to me, putting unknown riders on them at the very last moment for a ride of this magnitude is just plain stupidity!

Please rest assured that all of my guests here are 'matched' with a horse prior to the ride, and have the opportunity to ride that horse out to ensure that the confidence level of the guest is satisfied.  Please also rest assured that my riders who are coming to the EM and 20MT rides over the next few weeks are competent, confident riders, who will take the opportunity to get to know their provided horses in advance of the ride, and who will then look after them like they were mine!  (That's a BIG statement.)

Speaking of which.....  I'm still looking for a 65mile horse for the 20MT ride for a middleweight rider.  If you have a spare horse available, please let me know.  Your horse will not be thrashed, the rider will ride with you if you wish, and your horse will be ridden considerately and carefully.  The rider is very experienced, and is a lovely woman with a wicked sense of humour.

I'm also still on the hunt (although there are a few 'possible' horses that might be available) for a horse/s for the EM ride for a lightweight rider.  She is 22 years old, very easy on the eye, and a very good and confident rider.

Best regards

(Ms) Jay Randle
SPLENDACREST ENDURANCE TRAINING
www.freewebs.com/splendacrest

Listen now! New music from the Rogue Traders.