Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] My Mud Solution

My local US Dept. of Agriculture Soil Conservation Service sells
geotextile for $1/foot.  The roll is 15 feet wide.  There are
different thicknesses made.  Here is a manufacturer's web site:

We use this stuff all the time for trail repair/renovation projects.

I confess that it never occurred to me to try it in a stall.
I just assumed the nail heads in the shod hooves would
tear it to shreds in no time.  But, Dawn, you say it held up
just dandy for five years in your stalls.  Was there just
bedding on top of the geotextile?  Or a layer of dirt?

Linda Marins

Checked by AVG Free Edition.