Re: [RC] New Endurance Horse Electrolyte Research - Linda Marins

There are a lot of interesting ideas here.  I like that people
are reporting incomplete results, and even "no statistically
significant result could be obtained."  I only understand
about 40% of what I'm reading, but that's OK.

I found the potential in this study:
Measuring core body temperature of endurance horses
Material and methods

Calibrated and coated i-buttons (Dallas Semiconductor, TX, USA) were placed transcervically into the
uteri of endurance mares, and left in utero for 4 weeks, while the horses trained and competed as
normal in endurance competitions. External environmental loggers (HOBO, Onset Computer, MA,
USA) were fitted to the horses for the competitions. Data from the devices were downloaded, to
determine the effect of endurance competition on core body temperature...

very interesting.   Biometrically bug your horse!

Linda Marins