Re: [RC] blanket question - Sisu West Ranch

Layers, Layers,Layers.  It is really quite simple.  Have a selection of blankets, coolers, liners etc.  Put on or take off layers to keep the horse comfortable.  If you ride in an area where cold rains are possible, the top layer should be completely waterproof.

We purchased very cheap cotton canvas sheets many years ago.  I then treated them with Thompson's water seal. (not silicone waterproofing or Fluorocarbon, like Scotchgard(TM) or Teflon(TM)).  The result is a somewhat stiff, ugly, completely waterproof blanket.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875