Re: [RC] Non-Competitive Rides - Truman Prevatt - Marirose Six

There are already many breed/trail organizations who have award systems for hours spent on the trail. If you log your hours on an AERC ride, they will count in these programs. Pretty cool. But I don't think AERC is the place for that type of system. I think AERC does a wonderful job with what it does. Also, they are the only place doing this. AERC should continue being an endurance race organization (I know, I know, "to finish is to win", but there are points & year end awards, thus competition, thus a 'race'). For the AERC members looking to log hours, look into your breed organization or a trail organization & jion that program also. (For example: the American Donkey & Mule Society has a miles & hours award program.)

--
Marirose
 "I ain't here to stay, I'm here to play"   'The Hi-Lo Country' by Max Evans