Re: [RC] Winter Solstice - marybenstover

Ah, the day daylight savings time begins, better than Christmas...........mb

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathleen" <kathleenmarie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:32:06 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [RC] Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice is my second favorite day of the year (the day daylight savings time starts being the first).  We celebrate with a big bonfire, mulled cider and wine and lots of friends.  We all write down what we wish to leave in the old year and bring into the new year, toast the sun and throw our written desires and our glasses into the bonfire!  My horses watch on from their paddocks.  The next day we start conditioning rides for the new ride season because every day we will have a little more light to ride in before we get caught in the dark!

Kathleen