Re: [RC] What the market will bear - Lynn Kinsky

On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Barbara McCrary wrote:

Having been born and raised in the Great Depression, the concept of waste is abhorrent to me. At that time, no one could afford to waste anything, and that philosophy has haunted me all my life. This is, in part, the reason I see this law about horse slaughter so damaging. Recycling has become so popular, so absolutely necessary nowadays...why not recycle unwanted, unneeded, crippled or aged horses...either for human or animal consumption.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "kathy swigart" <katswig@xxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:01 PM
Subject: [RC] What the market will bear

What is done with the carcass after the horse is dead is a completely separate issue. Personally, I think that throwing it away is a waste, and I am bothered by the fact that that is what I am now required to do. If you want to throw away your dead horse or bury it or build a shrine to it, that is your perogative, but I consider it reprehensible that there are some people who want to impose that preference on others.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
:)

Proposition 6 in California (http://vote98.sos.ca.gov/VoterGuide/Propositions/6text.htm) settled that issue for us ten years ago.