Re: [RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses - marybenstover

My vet is cheaper than that and San Jose Tallow comes the next morning for you.  They will also add their charge to my vet's bill so I don't even have to be there.  Their drivers all have cell phones so that you can get them almost 24/7.  Their drivers are also very caring and kind and realize how hard it is for the owners to do this.  I think the last time I had them come, it was $150.............mb

----- Original Message -----
From: "sherman" <sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:45:50 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses

The cost is very high in CA to euthanize and have the renderer come pick it up. My neighbors have a lame horse that needs to be put down, they were quoted $350 to haul away, then a ranch call for the vet is $60, add the RX and administration of drug fee and you're up over $500.  I suggested they call the Sac zoo and see if they need meat to feed their animals.

Kathy