RE: [RC] PLEASE discuss Potassium article...Roger are you outthere? - Terry Banister

I looked at that article as well, but since I have been doing fine without adding e-lytes, except powdered ones over feed on a hot 100-miler, I gave up trying to understand the article.
However, Lew Hollander's mix (physicist, triathelete and endurance rider, and author of "Endurance Riding, From Beginning to Winning") is:
16 oz table salt
22 oz Morton Lite salt
1 oz Magnesium salts

"The table salt raises the sodium concentration. That is necessary because Lite Salt alone is too high in potassium, which can interfere with the magnesium absorption. You need a balance of sodium, potassium and magmesiom ions."

"The mix is given in the feed prior to the ride, and in a wormer syringe during the ride. One ounce of electrolyte mix is combined with about 2 oz of pancake syrup (unbuttered) for use. The pancake syrup is used instead of molasses, because it will flow at any temperature, and lasts forever."

>From his chart:
Sugar ~ None
Sodium Chloride ~66.7%
Potassium Chloride ~ 30.00%