FW: [RC] FW: Thought you might find this interesting - Terry Banister

'my trainer, here is her response.

The results would have been the same if you had ridden them in a rope halter .  All is fine until something happens and then what???"

Your trainer admits she never used a Dr. Cook's or any other bitless, and it shows in her answer. She doesn't KNOW what happens when "something happens." ~ The same things happen that happen when something happens using a bit! And in a Horse Show Arena, what is the difference!? We are talking about the show ring.

                    I causes the horse to use his under muscle and only with very skilled riders can they achieve roundness and throughness.

She is just parroting back what she has memorized. Nezerov has proven roundness and throughness can be achieved without anything on the horse's head.

  I would be fine for trail riders on calm horses.

Ha ha!!  Gazoodles of riders use them, and other bitless headstalls, for high-competition events 50s, 100s and multi-day "races" I have never used a bit on my exciteable Arab for endurance racing. And he rounds up niceley and naturally ~not because of a piece of equipment and the rider forceing his body into some conformation. Rather, it allows him to carry himself ~ himself.

I have heard from a very reputable source that they are not pain free.

See, she does not know firsthand anything about bitless bridles, only hearsay. Unskilled riders using the wrong equipment on any horse can cause pain. But bitless uses pressure first. The fine line between pressure and pain on a bitless is dependent on the thinness of the noseband. A very narrow noseband on an excited horse with an unskilled rider could cause pain. But it won't tear up the mouth and tongue like some incorrect bits in the hands of unskilled riders can do.

Terry

Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.