Re: [RC] FW: Thought you might find this interesting - runawaywoman

I sent this study to my trainer, here is her response.

The results would have been the same if you had ridden them in a rope halter .  All is fine until something happens and then what???   I know several people that have used them.  I causes the horse to use his under muscle and only with very skilled riders can they achieve roundness and throughness.   The FEI has denied their request to be used in competition.  I would be fine for trail riders on calm horses.  I have heard from a very reputable source that they are not pain free.

Roxanne

-------------- Original message from Diane Trefethen <tref@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------