Re: [RC] Blizzard - Sisu West Ranch

In the Bitterroot, we have had a very warm fall.  Bad news for the snow pack in the mountains.  We finally got some snow both in the mountains and at home.  The temperatures have dropped to a bit below zero.

Our local TV news are in their glory with stories about how to deal with the "horrible cold".  Our horses are out like usual, and haven't even gone down by the barn very often.  We did start them on some hay yesterday and today.  Due to better management, and lots of available water last summer, our barn is packed as full as possible with our good grass hay.  It gives one a nice warm feeling!

The Bitterroot is the banana belt of MT.  No where near as cold as the eastern part of MT or for that matter MN and WI where we lived for most of our lives.

We have stayed pretty close to home this weekend.  I had day surgery last Friday for a hernia, so poor Wendy has to do the chores.

Now to get me healed so we can start conditioning in 6 weeks.  We have committed ourselves to do rides both spring and fall in 2009.  I really missed competition last year.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875