From: Carrie Kitley <nutzo4horses@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Addendum to "tough times" . . .
At the wise advice of someone on RC, I'm forwarding the below...

I understand what you're saying and I actually agree with you too, but was remiss in distinguishing between 'haywire' willy nilly breeding and the specific, controlled purposeful breeding you mentioned. There is a HUGE difference, I know. I was blurt typing earlier. :/

Carrie
P.S. Sorry of I offended all the breeders out there.=A0 My bad.

From: Carrie Kitley <nutzo4horses@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC] Desperate Times for Horse Owners and for Horses
I'm with you Karen. I don't get it! I have a horse that would otherwise have been "thrown away" (put down) simply because the previous owner was tired of caring for him. :( He's a beautiful Leopard Appy, age 35 with a little arthritis, but he's still full of life. He also has so much personality, I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill him. Sorry for using the term "kill," but that's what it is, call it "euthanasia" but you're still killing the animal, albeit humanely. This rescue guy has brought me more joy than I can verbalize and he's not really rideable except for little kids, but just taking him for a walk is very special. If I could take on more unwanted horses, I would do it in a heartbeat but I board mine and there aren't even anymore spaces left there, plus I have 3 already! I'm not wealthy, I work fulltime and with that said, I hardly have enough time for the ones I've got. But I do my best and they're loved and very well cared for. However, I DO understand the need to euthanize when the animal is suffering or has no forsee-able future outside of suffering. What I see happening to horses now is what unfortunately happens with dogs and cats. For whatever reason, people don't want them anymore, so they get left on the doorstep, tied to the chain link fence and when nobody shows up to adopt them or there's no room at the inn . . . guess what. Euthanisia. The breeding needs to stop. With ALL domestic species. And people need to STOP buying horses from breeders. Want another horse?!! Adopt one! I'm sorry, this subject always gets me where I live.