[RC] Feed prices - Maryanne Gabbani

There is no hay here for any price. The best we can get is berseem clover
cubes at 1800 LE a ton (thats about 320 USD...I have no idea how many bales
in a ton). Our horses get fresh cut forage daily and we supplement with rice
straw and wheat chaff for roughage, along with the berseem cubes. NO way to
get one food source that does the job so you have to have about five
different things on hand.

Maybe they change when they move to a better environment, but Arabs in this
part of the world are more related to goats than anything else. They eat
ANYTHING including every part of a palm tree if they can't find anything
else interesting...and I have a couple who actually seem to prefer the
palms.
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face