Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:43 AM
Subject: [RC] Advertising: working student position in Egypt available

I can offer two young women a chance to work with my horses, learn Arabic, learn Egyptian cooking, herbal remedies, and practice my method of bombproofing horses. As a number of Ridecampers will attest, my horses are remarkably bombproof in quite an extraordinary environment. I specify young because there is a lot of riding to do keeping my herd exercised and trained and accompanying me on trail rides. It's easy to average about 4 to 6 hours a day in the saddle. I have a guesthouse with three bedrooms, its own kitchen and bathroom for the visitors and there will be some time off for visiting things in Cairo on days when we aren't too busy. The farm is out in the country, at least 40 minutes from the nearest supermarket, shopping mall,  theatre, or restaurant, so social night owls won't like it much, but there are cable TV, art supplies, and a terrific library in the guesthouse. Some of the books on Egyptian antiquities will be required reading.