[RC] Advertising: working student position in Egypt available - Maryanne Gabbani

I can offer two young women a chance to work with my horses, learn Arabic, learn Egyptian cooking, herbal remedies, and practice my method of bombproofing horses. As a number of Ridecampers will attest, my horses are remarkably bombproof in quite an extraordinary environment. I specify young because there is a lot of riding to do keeping my herd exercised and trained and accompanying me on trail rides. It's easy to average about 4 to 6 hours a day in the saddle. I have a guesthouse with three bedrooms, its own kitchen and bathroom for the visitors and there will be some time off for visiting things in Cairo on days when we aren't too busy. The farm is out in the country, at least 40 minutes from the nearest supermarket, shopping mall,  theatre, or restaurant, so social night owls won't like it much, but there are cable TV, art supplies, and a terrific library in the guesthouse. Some of the books on Egyptian antiquities will be required reading.

The age range is primarily due to the fact that younger women are more likely to be able to pull up roots for a 3 to 6 month period, and to the fact that the amount of work can be quite tiring...just ask this old lady. Because the house will be shared and this is a conservative society, I do feel that young women would be best. Most of my clients are also women. We do have some LD competitions locally and when we have clients who want to try them out, we do take part, but we do not do any FEI competitions...and these are the only endurance competitions in the area.

For any mothers who are thinking of their kids coming, I run a relaxed but highly disciplined home. My own children are currently living in New York. I have excellent medical care available here, and our area is very safe. This would be a terrific experience for someone on a gap year or just looking to round out experience. There would be minimal financial renumeration, but then where can you spend the money out here when your room, board and riding are provided for?

If you are interested please contact me.

--
Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx

Egypt Face to Face